United States NAVY USS LITTLE ROCK CLG-4
GUIDED MISSILE LIGHT CRUISER
USS Little Rock (CL-92/CLG-4/CG-4) was one of 27 United States Navy Cleveland-class light cruisers completed during or shortly after World War II, and one of six to be converted to a guided missile cruiser. She was the first US Navy ship to be named for Little Rock, Arkansas. Commissioned in mid-1945, she was completed too late to see combat duty during World War II. In the late 1950s she was converted to a Galveston-class guided missile cruiser, which involved removing all her aft guns and rebuilding her aft superstructure to accommodate the Talos missile system. Like most of the Cleveland ships converted to missile ships, she was also extensively modified forward to become a flagship. This involved removal of most of her forward armament to allow for a greatly enlarged superstructure. She was recommissioned in 1960 as CLG-4 (and in 1975 redesignated CG-4).