USS Roncador SS-301 Submarine
USS Roncador (SS-301) was laid down 21 April 1943 by the Cramp Shipbuilding Co., Philadelphia, Pa., launched 14 May 1944, sponsored by Mrs. Thomas B. Klakring, and commissioned 27 March1945, Comdr. Earl R. Crawford in command. Following commissioning, Roncador conducted shakedown exercises into late May and on the 26th arrived at Port Everglades, Fla. Based there for 2 months, she assisted in the development of antisubmarine warfare techniques. On 29 July she got underway for Panama and from 3 August through the end of the war conducted advanced training exercises off the Canal Zone. In late August, she proceeded to Guantanamo Bay, then, in mid-September, headed for the Pacific. She arrived at Pearl Harbor on 3 October and remained in Hawaiian waters into the new year, 1946. On 3 January she got underway for San Francisco and inactivation. Roncador was decommissioned 1 June 1946 and through the 1950's remained in the inactive fleet. In February 1960 she was taken out of mothballs, placed in reserve, and assigned to Naval Reserve training duty in the 11th Naval District. Redesignated AGSS-301 in December 1962, she continued that duty, at San Pedro, Calif., until 1 December 1971, at which time she was stricken from the Navy list.
SIZE: 4 1/2" X 5 1/2"
This is a TOP QUALITY Embroidered Patch
Brand NEW, well detailed, and a great collectors piece