USMILITARYPATCH.COM

AE-19 USS DIAMOND HEAD AMMUNITION SHIP MILITARY PATCH

USS DIAMOND HEAD AE-19


SIZE: 4 1/2" Round

USS Diamond Head (AE-19) was launched on 3 February 1945 by North Carolina Shipbuilding, Co., in Wilmington, N.C., under a Martime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. D. Bill; transferred to the Navy on 10 March 1945; converted at Bethlehem Key Highway Shipyard, Baltimore, MD.; and commissioned on 9 August 1945, Lieutenant Commander F. C. Snow, USNR, in command. Diamond Head reported at Norfolk to Commander, Service Force, Atlantic for duty on 20 September 1945 and after training, was used experimentally by the Bureau of Ships to test suitable markings for hospital ships. She departed Norfolk on 5 April 1946 for Galveston, TX, arriving five days later. Diamond Head was placed out of commission in reserve there on 23 August 1946.


TOP QUALITY EMBROIDERED

HEAT SEALED BACKING