USS PARICUTIN AE-18
SIZE: 5" x 4 3/4" SHIELD
USS Paricutin (AE-18) was laid down under Maritime Commission Contract, 7 December 1944 by North Carolina Shipbuilding Co., in Wilmington, N.C. as MC hull 1708; launched 30 January 1945; sponsored by Senora Arias De Garcia Jurado, Mexican Embassy, Washington D.C.; acquired and commissioned 3 March 1945. On 30 April 1948, Paricutin was placed out of commission in reserve and berthed with the San Francisco Group of the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Reactivated 24 June 1950, due to the Korean War, Paricutin recommissioned 28 July 1950 and was assigned to Service Squadron 1.